Tuesday, 2 June 2015

The Trick

Yesterday was a row of paperbacks bookended with fire-breathing dragons. I woke at five and a version of daylight filled the room. I lay and thought for a while. The absolute freedom of the holiday week was over. I could no longer drift through the day. Appointments, schedules and peculiar tasks have to be completed. Difficult relationships maintained. The daylight wasn’t going to allow me to go back to sleep. And in getting up, reading a volume of the poetry in the bath, some form of freedom, holiday spirit lingered despite apparent restrictions. 


The trick is to not think too much. 

3 comments:

  1. ...a trick I've never had a knack for..................how I wish I did sometimes......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and I understand about fire breathing dragons.......

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...