Friday, 12 June 2015

Sunset In Your Kitchen

A year goes by in the flicker of an eye 
yet nothing really changes.
Others talk, the need to make themselves heard.
I sit in the old rocker and say nothing.

I try and measure the true distanced travelled.
Where have I been today? The feeling of relaxation 
that only comes from pushing myself beyond supposed limits 
and coming out the other side, more than alive.

The glint coming from the pewter on my wrist.
Memory layered on memory so precisely
that none of the edges are blurred. 
I sit in the old rocker and not say a word. 

I hear the voice of one I am afraid to name:
sends the same old shiver down my spine.
Instead of trying to decode your sun-muffled words
I imagine that my hair has grown long again.

I try and focus on the dazzle of your words.
An anxious hour burns through the windows.
An old-fashioned sunset turns back the clock 
as I sit in the old rocker and say nothing.

2 comments:

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...