Thursday, 7 May 2015

A Planet Constructed From Egg Cartons



My face is split in two by the thunderbolt that cracks the silver moon of the shaving mirror. A black hair makes a question mark on the porcelain as two space ships land on the planet inside my head. The surface of the planet is like an egg carton. I know these ships. I can even tell you the year that they are landing in. It’s a year that once seemed part of a far off unimaginable future that is now very much part of the far off distant past: so far back in time now as it was once so far off in the future. 

Earlier, it had felt like big black clouds had been passing by
although there was no discernible change in the light.

5 comments:

  1. I know this feeling..........

    peace for you tonight my friend.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a feeling I know only too well. Nicely expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that makes three of us. Thank you very much Nick and Liz.

      Delete
  3. you're one of the people on the planet who makes me feel less alone on the planet.....grateful for you and your words like tiny tethers.......

    wish you a good week, m'dear

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...