Thursday, 15 January 2015

The Curry Stain On My Slipper



A streak of sweet potato curry splashes as it falls.
The question is, when and where did it fall?
The first I knew of it was around six a.m. this morning
when, bleary-eyed, I pulled on one blue slipper
(the left, I think it was)
and saw this dried on orange tomato streak
like a wave in a Japanese abstract painting
decorating my toe.

I fell back in my chair
and wondered about the direction
my life was taking.

It was a masterpiece, really,
this curry stain on my slipper.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A piece of serious whimsy. Thank you, Liz.

      Delete
  2. profound, and as you say, stained with whimsy. i love it))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin. I hate to see food going to waste so I thought that I might be able to serve it in a poem. On a slipper...

      Delete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...