Thursday, 29 May 2014

A Driving Song



Dedicated smokers
perfect the art of rolling
cigarettes single-handily
while driving

their eyes never leaving the road.

I never mastered this skill
because I couldn’t find anywhere
to put the book I would be invariably reading.

Only kidding!

But the other day I was over-taken
by a business man in a boat of a Volvo
doing a hundred and twenty.

I don’t think he nicked himself once
while he looked in the rear-view mirror
concentrating on some last minute shaving.

I’m not sure where this is all heading

but I’ll write down the next line

just as soon as the fool behind
leaves off with his tail-gating.


4 comments:

  1. : ) ...thanks for the giggle.....I needed a giggle tonight : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, bless you. Now I must stop typing - I don't want to miss the turn for Albuquerque.

      Delete
  2. Reminded of this... :)
    http://youtu.be/DNV0mc_cpQ0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very close to the truth. Perfect Kim - thank you for raising a smile.

      Delete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...