Tuesday, 18 February 2014

The White Tower - Part VI

We were back in business. Baldness and children still a long way over the horizon.

Without further mishap, aside from my friend planting his white shoe in a glistening cluster of sheep dung, we made it to the tower.

At the top of the plinth there was an arched door.

It was slightly ajar and propped shut by a house brick. We surveyed the landscape once more. The coast was clear. I picked up the brick. I have always been something of an expert when it comes to bypassing high-tech security systems.

Inside, we were met with a beautiful sight: white steps cleanly cut and rising in a spiral.

Bravely, I stepped back and allowed my friend to lead the way.

5 comments:

  1. ok, Jonathan, I gotta stop, I've only read the first line here so far and almost spit diet coke out my nose....... LOL ....*great* line.... "We were back in business. Baldness and children still a long way over the horizon."

    ...alright, composure regained.....back to your story.......(will comment again in a mo, I'm sure.......)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* it!!!! LOL again......this --> "I have always been something of an expert when it comes to bypassing high-tech security systems." ...yeah, James Bond's got nuthin' on you, Jonathan ; p .....and this --> "Bravely, I stepped back and allowed my friend to lead the way" ....LOL.....no really, laughing out loud over here : ) ....and lookin' forward to the next installment : ) ...sweet night for you, Jonathan (or mornin', depending on where you are on the planet : ) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. A slightly less grey blur here at the moment suggests that is morning as I clamber into my gold-plated Aston Martin.

      Delete
  3. (plus, I learned a new word, "Plinth"... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thank you Liz. Now, I'm all for readers having a good time, but the editorial team at Gardening Leave would like to point out that snorting coke doesn't necessarily enhance the experience of reading this gripping, far-reaching tale.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...