Wednesday, 11 September 2013

A Night Cap

I turned off the light, stopped its interrogating of my head. A set of aluminium step-ladders lean against a shelf of magazines: fashion, photography, interiors, garden schemes... I don't need a light to read the titles when a golden orb surrounded by six marbled satellites floats its flight across the room. I follow from the corner of my eye although I am beyond fully following.

A sudden explosion, eruption, disturbance in the night: voices raised.

Lean up onto my elbow.

Realise that it's coming from the darkness of the living room
below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...