Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Here Is A News Flash

This morning I woke in a strange bed.

My silent thinking shattered by the alarm clock radio.

Austerity Measures

Changes to the DLA. We'll target those that really need it...

I've heard that one before, straight from the horse's mouth .

Lost her appeal and now faces The Death Penalty

What a way to start the day...

Hate Week has begun.

Once I woke in the middle of the night. Very dark in my trailer in the wood...

Something is wrong... something has happened...

I reached up through the dark and clicked on my radio. Something had happened alright.

I lit my first cigarette of the day/last cigarette of the night.

But I'm very health conscious.

I never touch newspapers.

2 comments:

  1. We never buy newspapers and I very rarely watch or listen to the news - all it does is make me feel depressed and impotent. Away from the TV and radio I can hear the birds sing and see the flowers moving in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is exactly my view.

      Funnily enough, I broke this rule this evening and tuned in to hear PM. I lasted for about 15 seconds before turning off - the main story being too ghastly and graphic to handle.

      Thanks for commenting Kim.

      Delete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press