Friday, 7 June 2013

Kilter (IV)

The day was over. Everyone got up to leave. But I barely noticed. I'd reached a zone where the house could have burned down around my ears without me feeling the slightest bit warm. I was alone in the room, the poppies – pink, red and pale blue had stopped swaying. I looked down at the words that were in the circle that I had drawn.

Replace the BBC. Pick up your news from an alternative viewpoint.

They could have been written by a complete stranger for all the sense they made to me. I'd also drawn a sketch of the window. Then:

Poppies – chalk soil – the cycle of a poppy's life?

MUTE

The master was gone. Everyone was gone. I waited for the load of my feelings to stop shifting and settle back into place. It was time to go and I remembered, as I put on my coat, the last thing the master had said. With the help of the fortune teller, her deck of cards, we could set off on the next stage of the journey. Pre-destiny and conscious/sub-conscious choice...

The others were gone. It was time for me to do the same. But with this constant re-invention without resolution, where was I to go now?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I have absolutely no idea where it's leading so it's keeping me on my toes!

      Delete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...