Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Kilter (I)

We were led through a room painted in Wedgwood green that reminded me of the heart-shaped box Grandad used to keep his cuff-links in. A pink conch grew on a windowsill like a surreal ear in a Dali painting. Anna told us to wait as she ascended the spiral staircase to see if the master was ready for us. Shortly, she re-appeared and said that we could go on up. We followed the stairs until we came into a great hall with a black baby grand piano set up on a dais. The far wall was made up of tall windows. The master sat in a black chair like a king on his throne. He was dressed in black and had nothing on his feet. He was eating a bowl of cornflakes. I wondered what the master would do next. I wondered what my first words would be. I knew that I had to choose them carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...