Friday, 29 March 2013

Tarzan

Sit in the old white chair, you know, the one with the silver arms 
and the rent in the fabric of the seat. Once white, now turning green. 

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Close my eyes. Give myself over to the sun.

Feels like a miracle that it's here again. Which it is.

Walk down the garden. The lawn saturated with rain.

She's clearing the old grapevine, the strangle of ivy.
Needs my help. So I pull down the severed vines.
Feeling absurdly like Tarzan.

Come inside. The temperature drops.
Know I need to move: throw another log on the fire.
I can see a line of trees behind the house over the road.

That's it, that's all. And that's fine for now.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and well said. It's amazing what a little sitting with nature can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brent.

      Hope you are managing to have some quiet time yourself this weekend.

      Delete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...