Friday, 8 February 2013

Honeyrose

Sweet smell in the smoky upstairs of a red bus.
An old man in pork pie hat smoking a Honeyrose cigarette.
The sea falls away at a 45 degree angle.
I'm wearing a black polo neck sweater my mother knitted for me.
I'm feeling slightly sick, what with the smoke and the quantities of yoghurt coated raisins I've been eating.

The bus smells like dope but the old man doesn't seem to know or care. A bee floats in through the open window and starts to doodle up and down the glass trying to find its way out again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...