Monday, 5 November 2012

Plying My Trade

The unpleasant veneer of coldness spreads itself over our skin. the year, once more, is starting to fall away into, what I once considered to be, an enjoyable decline. I don't know what to do. In a couple of hours I'll be standing in a sleek room pressing buttons, giving a PowerPoint presentation.

plying my trade. Incorporating buzz words and jargon into my speaking. It doesn't come naturally. If I could, I'd blast dynamic and innovative from the dictionary. We're all cold, sterile as cologne. In all probability, once it's done, I'll come out of there feeling fine. Like I've done a good joefficiency is really my cup of dust and bone.

A mattress on a floor is my bed. A window, portal, gives a view of oak limbs and turning leaves. The smell of forest mulch, wood and tobacco smoke permeates my clothes.

my water gets collected from the barn.

3 comments:

  1. Innovative, dynamic--two dollar words? Mulch, collected, portal=beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two dollar words indeed.

      Good detective work. Thanks for the perceptive comment.

      Delete
  2. Dust and bone's a blend of tea I've tasted from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...