Thursday, 8 March 2012

An Invitation

I’d been dead for quite some time when I got this invite asking me to come back down. I didn’t have much else on so I said okay.

It was an easy trip to make and I was soon walking down the old familiar streets. I wasn’t sure how long I’d been gone but the cars all looked pretty much same.

Someone was standing at a bus stop reading a newspaper. The headline didn’t faze me either. The same old thing was going on when I’d last looked at a newspaper – before I’d died that is. I clocked the date and counted the months backwards until I had six fingers held in the air. Half a year!

The only change I really noticed in this time was in women’s leggings. They were all wearing these zigzag patterns like cartoon TVs that needed tuning. That was about it; that and the fact that it felt funny standing here not breathing.

2 comments:

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...