Monday, 23 January 2012

Zen Dinner

Dinner, a lamb chop baked in white wine with
a sprig of rosemary that might have belonged to a witch
changed the shape of my teeth

first there was a tooth
then there wasn’t

All evening I probed the space with my tongue

nothing
nothin
nothi
noth
not
no
n

Just this ragged place of jagged lines
that might have been mountain pinnacles
stalactites or brittle-bone icicles

I circled and scoured for hours

black space
       jagged place
       black place
jagged space

Then I stopped
slept and forgot
the truth of no tooth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...