Thursday, 19 January 2012

4:45

Sometimes it’s the ordinary, the banal
that can bring a sense of peace. I’m in
another city and this room is like a corridor
painted a particularly vile shade of green.
I sit at the desk and we’re a man – I should
say woman down so I take phone calls,
pencil appointments into the diary
and staple pages together to make booklets.
It’s as if I’ve returned after a long period
of illness – everyone pleased to see me
and I realise I’m pleased to see them.
Happy again among new friends      
for however long it might last.
The sky is now silver and blue
instead of its customary black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...