Saturday, 31 December 2011

A Quarter Of A Century Knowing Where You’re Going

Looking for work, looking for money – that’s a job in itself.
There’s some horrible jargon around: in these competitive
times you need to be pro-active is something I keep hearing.
I suppose it’s true.

At least, I think that’s what he said…

So what are we to do?
I calculate the money
will run out soon.

Drink coffee,
go into a blind
panic.

Wearing an ironed shirt, smart trousers,
and polished shoes. Having somewhere
to go, get up for.

Last night someone told me he hadn’t
been to an interview in twenty-five years.
Imagine that! A quarter of a century
of knowing where you’re going,
what you’re about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press