Sunday, 9 October 2011

Another October Song

Weather breaks, sudden as the clicking of a switch,
without warning. It happened the night my son
was born. The long afternoon was golden.
The evening and the acupuncturist arrived,
stuck his silver pins somewhere in her legs
as if she was a voodoo doll. Said that should
do the trick and took me to one side, said
here, this is for you.

When it was over,
sometime just before dawn
I got the fire going. The red glow
in the windows and we were all red,
glowing and I took what
he gave me, drank it down in one –
the burning liquid and after a while
I thought to open the door

the wind shook
the leaves from
silvery trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Morlock Oil

Morlock Oil
A new collection of stories available now . Click on image for details.

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery

The Quest Of Great Celtic Mystery
New Chapbook Available (email rockinahill@gmail.com for details)

Furrow

Furrow
Bunchgrass Press

Essential guides for the journey...